This Page

has been moved to new address

Head & foot board made from old doors!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Head & foot board made from old doors!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Head & foot board made from old doors!

Hello blog friends!  I am so so so excited to share my project with you today---I just finished it all up and am really really loving the look so far!  

This project all started from a garage sale hubs and I went to about a month ago. 
We picked up two beautiful old doors for CHEAP and brought them home knowing we could use them for something.
This is where I come into play---I am the designer or the "projects".
I came up with a plan and my wonderful husband "executes".
And execute he did, this weekend while I was visiting my sister!

More on that story later, but here is the final product.


:o) 
I have to admit I did a little happy dance when I saw everything "put back together"!


Here is the before---I know the wood door color is nice and half of you might say you would have kept it darkkkk.....buttt  I LOVE the white. 
And I have no regrets! 



Ahhh fresh and nice.
I am so so so excited that we are finally getting around to the decor of the guest bedroom!
It is so hard when it takes so long to finish the moving in and nesting process....but I think I am finally getting there.

The bed frame was actually pretty "simple" and by simple I mean it only required a few cuts to make everything all fit perfectly.  We used two boards on either side of the head and foot of the bed to connect and strengthen the entire frame.
Like I said Hubs did this part all by himself....I will freely admit that I thought that I needed to be present for this part...I might be a bit of a micromanager when it comes to my crafty "projects", but wow was I pleasantly surprised with his craftsmanship!



Andd that meant that I was able to get right to my favorite part.
Talk about teamwork right?  
I LOVE to paint!


And painting was even more fun with 
my AMAZING birthday---chalk paint! 
(And wax)


Ahhhh aren't the details of the distressing DROOL worthy?!?


I am thinking this is a great guest room start, now it is time for me to add some wall decor!
Maybe a re-finish of the night stand on the other side of the bed.
A new lamp shade for that side as well and finally maybe a dresser up-cycle!


Watch out guest bedroom I am ready to get you right!
Butttt I can't up-cycle everything in this room...
Do you remember the old school desk that I refinished FOREVER ago?  I love to use it as a multifunctional night stand table and place to set extra blankets and such for guests.
And it will stay just as it is!



What do you think?  Not bad for a super super inexpensive up-cycle to headboard right??

I am linking up to some of these amazing parties

34 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

That is AWESOME! What a great project and idea and how cool is it that your hubby can just whip up what you envision? Love this idea and I am pinning it!
Stacey of Embracing Change

July 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I have been wanting to do this for a while with some old barn doors we have from my husbands families ranch... You guys did a wonderful job!

July 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger Craftberry Bush said...

You rock my creative world!! Xo

July 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Very very cool! I've been hoping to happen upon a cool old door for a project of my own. I love the way they look!

July 20, 2011 at 11:44 PM  
Blogger Darby Hawley said...

Jaime this project is awesome! You should be so proud of yourself. Hubs and I just started on a new headboard, and I'm not very crafty, so your post gives me some inspiration. I love the style of the doors, and your bedding is perfect!

July 21, 2011 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

This is one great looking project! I love the chalk paint you used. I really need to go buy some.
Now all you need is to make some pretty prints above the bed using the transfer method.


Dee

July 21, 2011 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! I have been debating using a door or shutters for our headboard. I love what you did. The chalk paint really added so much charm. Beautiful! Your guests may never want to leave : )

July 21, 2011 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Your headboard looks awesome!! And I LOVE you comforter/duvet cover(?)!!! It looks so great!

July 21, 2011 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

Aw it turned out so pretty! I LOVE your bedding too!!

I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! it's open until Sunday. http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/07/your-whims-wednesday-16-and-features.html

July 21, 2011 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger The Shabby Blue Ribbon said...

Love this. It looks great!

July 21, 2011 at 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Brittany said...

I love it! I just bought an old door from someone renovating there house. I can't wait to do something with it.

July 21, 2011 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Love Sweet Love said...

That looks SO gorgeous! And I think the white is perfect because your whole house (from what I can "see" :) ) is so light and fresh feeling! The hubby and I found a few old doors at an antique store (that's what we did for my bday-go look at antique stores ha ha!) but they were still more than we wanted to spend so we didn't get any this time but that is exactly what I want to do when I find one for the right price! AND I have an old school desk JUST like yours sitting in my garage from my grandma. I never thought to use it as a night stand-so cute!

July 21, 2011 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! I love everything - even the bedding! I featured you today in my Friday I'm In Love favorites. Have a great weekend!!

http://socialsalutations.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-im-in-love_22.html

- Jenn @ Social Salutations

July 22, 2011 at 4:09 AM  
Blogger Deborah March said...

Aaaawww...what a PAIR you two are!!!

July 22, 2011 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Looks great and love your side table!!

July 22, 2011 at 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Kristen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this, can't wait to get my hands on a set like this....problem is, now that I will be looking, I won't find any lol. Thanks for the inspiration....

ps. I would do white too....

Hugs Kristen

July 23, 2011 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Whitney said...

I LOVE it white and the bedding is gorgeous. That desk/ night stand is awesome too. The room is coming together well. Awesome job!

July 23, 2011 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

This turned out absolutely gorgeous! What a transformation! :) I want to live in this room!!

July 23, 2011 at 11:37 PM  
Anonymous Brooke said...

I love that you also used a door for the footboard, it makes the bed look so finished. Also a great idea with that schooldesk as a nightstand! I saw several at an antique mall yesterday, and now I think that's a brilliant solution for them!

July 24, 2011 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger Restore and Renew said...

The addition of the foot board is great!
I am a new follower.

July 24, 2011 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Maggie Lamarre said...

I luv how you use the door and use the fresh colour of white...
I'm inviting you to add this to our linking party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
Have a great weekend,
Maggie

July 24, 2011 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger BluBabesCreate said...

Oh love this! I like how everything looks so tucked in. And the vintage desk used as a nightstand. Come see what I did with a dollar chair!

July 25, 2011 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger Carmella said...

How did I miss this?? wow...great job to you and your hubby!! And I am loving to new blog look! I'll have to change out my buttons!

July 25, 2011 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Totally love this too! And the bedding is gorgeous. Pinned it!
Jenn :)

July 27, 2011 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger {northern cottage} said...

ahh - I'm absolutely in love with this bed! I'm new to your blog so just starting to explore (I'm gonna go sign up to be your newest follower now!) so you've probably shared this but WHERE did you get that ruffle bedding? It is to die for!

July 28, 2011 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger mary said...

I like what you did with the doors, but I LOVE your bedside table; I sat in a school desk like that many years ago.

July 28, 2011 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

I'm so honored that you chose to join the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Thank you for adding this special masterpiece to rock my party :)

July 28, 2011 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Carmella said...

Hi there again! I wanted to let you know I featured this fun project on my blog today...hope you can stop by, take a look, and grab a button!

http://creativecarmella.blogspot.com/2011/07/more-of-my-faves.html

July 30, 2011 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger c.w.frosting said...

Love the look! So creative. Saw this at Creative Carmella & now following!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

July 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'll be featuring this one too on facebook! Thanks again for linking up to The Creative Spark!
Jenn :)

July 31, 2011 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Andrea @ Keepin it Thrifty said...

OOOOOH MY GOSH! I just hopped over from Clean and Scentsible..i was featured over there today and saw your AMAZING PB knock off but this is GORG! seriously pinning it to my Bedroom Love board!!!
p.s. i need to know where you got your bedding from.it's AMAZING!

XOXO Andrea

August 1, 2011 at 4:31 AM  
Blogger Gordostyle said...

Hi!
I'm new to your blog too and like a couple other people, I am dying to know where you got your bedding! Love it all! :o) Great job!

August 8, 2011 at 2:15 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Love your look! I would really like to know where your bedding came from - I am on the hunt for a ruffle duvet/comforter. Thanks!

September 15, 2011 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Something about Stacey said...

Great job! So where is the bedding from? I love it!

September 15, 2011 at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home