This Page

has been moved to new address

Dreaming of Home Sweet Home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Dreaming of Home Sweet Home

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dreaming of Home Sweet Home

I have to say I had an amazingly crafty weekend which is always a wonderful treat for me!  I made every attempt to avoid my encyclopedia paper and was yet somehow drawn to it for each project....I might need to create a group for myself--encyclopedia-paper-arts-and-crafts-addicts-anonymous--but wow would that be a long name :o) EPAACAA (yeahhh too long and confusing) 

Anyways back to my crafts, I am so so so inspired by the idea of my new house and wanting to make it my new home I have been busy making and creating wall art...have you ever noticed how expensive wall art can be and how impersonal it usually is?!?  I am officially boycotting the store-bought-wall-art-industry and I am having a blast making my own.  I am a sucker for anything with meaning so that has been my goal, to incorporate meaning into my crafts and ultimately into my home.  

So without further chatter this is my first of a couple of projects from my weekend:


I have a shadow box that drives me crazy, I have filled and re-filled this shadow box about 10 times and haven't found anything that I have loved...but this one might stay around!

{I started with an empty shadow box from home goods}

{My exciting discovery for the night is that I can print on my encyclopedia paper!}

So in order to print on light weight paper you just tape it down to cardstock---sooo easy---why did it take me so long to think of this?!?!? 
(needless to say my next few projects defiantly include printing on my encyclopedia paper.)
Just backed everything with scrapbook paper, and found a cute key to use at the bottom.
Just glued everything down with zots and wham bam, done.

***The cool think about encyclopedia is that you can find meaningful words on the paper specific for your project---did you notice that this time I used family***


I am so so so excited to be back in the same state and home with my husband----only a few weeks!!! 
It will SO be a home sweet home.

I am linking up here
:o)

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Way cool! I love it! I ordered a print on etsy that is on old dictionary pages--I should definitely try this myself! Thanks for the idea!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

April 17, 2011 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Sweet Little Smoothie said...

Love this! I never thought of printing on encyclopedia/dictionary paper - brilliant!! Thanks for sharing :)

April 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Natalia Lynn said...

Super cute! I love the vintagey look. I have a linky party today I would love for you to link up! Hope to see you there!

April 18, 2011 at 2:38 AM  
Blogger Carmella said...

This is beautiful! And how nice that you will be back with your hubby soon!

April 18, 2011 at 6:26 AM  
Blogger Carmella said...

PS: I am now following your beautiful blog :)

creativecarmella.blogspot.com

April 18, 2011 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger Tabitha@InspiredByGiving said...

once again you did great! These projects are so creative and ingenius!

April 18, 2011 at 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

I posted that pin onto pinterest and I thought...ok, sort of cute. I love how you changed it with the paper. I'm definitely like it now!

April 18, 2011 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So cute! I totally agree with you about store bought art; homemade is way better. Great project!

April 20, 2011 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

I love book page crafts and this is great!

April 22, 2011 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Andrea . Charcoal and Crayons said...

Oh my gosh! I have to try printing on book pages... now that I know how! We don't have any store bought factory made art in our house either - handmade is the way to go for sure!

April 22, 2011 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Debbiedoos said...

This is so cute. I saw you featured over at Under the table and dreaming! I also notice you are new to blogging. I host a newbie party every Monday and would love for you to join in. Happy Easter.

April 23, 2011 at 5:53 AM  
Blogger Katie @ OhhBaby said...

this is so neat. this would be special for my husband and I because when we were dating we loved to play scrabble. I may have to borrow the idea :)

April 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Nicole @ Wohler's World said...

This is so cute! Your blog is adorable!

April 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Article, muhasabah cinta. thanks for your article. :)

March 27, 2014 at 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home