This Page

has been moved to new address

The unblogworthy blog post

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: The unblogworthy blog post

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The unblogworthy blog post

So, I have been thinking.... that I don't have anything to post on my BLOG.  Nothing BLOG WORTHY if you will.  But then I realized that maybe that is what blogs are for, posting anything and everything in any way shape or form no matter how unworthy it is.  Maybe I am just slow because I am guessing all of the blog pros out there already knew this, SO onward to making a commitment to post more regularly.  As I am becoming less interested in facebook and more interested in keeping in touch via blogs I regularly check for blog updates and less regularly for facebook updates--this is big for me a once facebook addicted student is becoming a less facebook addicted more blog addicted adult yeahhhhh for me!  Any how I have noticed that I have become sad when friends and family don't update their blogs more often, but who am I to complain when I don't either.  SO from NOW ON I would like to post once a week, --wow I know you can hardly say this is going overboard, but I am thinking I am going to start slow-ish but with the idea of possible increases in the future or prn (as needed, lol).

So here we go-today's unblogworthy blog post is inspired by me realizing that I am SO DARN THANKFUL:

Case and Point:
I am thankful that there were high winds in Michigan the past two days---why you may ask???  Well because first of all it gives me a chance to laugh when patients call and cancel appointments due to the "weather" I mean for real?  No but really, I am thankful for the wind because it blew the singles off of the heavenly hamburg house I am living in...and whyyy in the world am I thankful for this you might be thinking?!??!!  Well, because, I love the humble house on Hamburg Lake and I have been having a HARD time thinking about leaving, perhaps because of the great memories shared with my wonderful husband and friends here, perhaps because this house helped me to learn that my heaven and my peaceful place on this earth is being butted up right next to a little lake like this one.  Never the less, I know that I am going to face a hard time come this spring when I have to leave...   BUT with shingles flying off of the roof all over the neighbors yards (actually MANY large chunks of multiple shingles-is this really bad?!?) I am grateful that this piece of heaven is only my TEMPORARY piece of heaven at this point!  I know that me being okay with leaving this place will take A LOT more than flying shingles...I mean I really don't know if I would WANT to leave even if the whole roof was gone, but these little things are making me realize that I am not ready to face every little part of being a home owner especially here is Whitmore without my husband the handy man.

Lets see, I am also very very thankful for new friends and GIRLS group.  I am blown away by how much my weeks have changes with a single evening spent chatting with girls about LIFE.  These meetings (or more like dinners and coffee dates) are making me realize there are others out there going through similar struggles in DIFFERENT ways.  It is also allowing me to reflect and gain perspective on my week as it is going on.  Who knew that was so important.  I always pride myself at how I am able to be reflective and remain positive even when I am having hard time.  I didn't realize that talking with people or really sometimes just listening would give me a chance to be more real, to get my feelings OUT and then in return gain other peoples POSITIVE outlooks and truly be able to apply it in my daily life.  I know that girls group has not been going on for long and perhaps I am only a temporary member, but I have learned that this is something I would like to try to have in my life, and I think that is amazing.  And finally, for the first time in a LONG time I am talking to them about GOD and about PRAYING and that makes me happy.

And Finally I am THANKFUL for my husband.  He is amazing, enough said.


SO that is hardly all that I am thankful for, but for this evening in my unworthy blog post with poor grammar, mistakes and runonsentinces-it is what is on my mind and it makes me happy to share it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tabitha@InspiredByGiving said...

Incedible post!! So happy to get to know you! And your insight is a blessing to me too!! So glad we're friends!!

October 28, 2010 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

love it Jaime lyn! Thanks for sharing! Im thankful for you. I really with that I could be in girls group with you too!

October 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Jaime Lyn said...

Linds and Tabitha, I miss your posts....so now that I am going to be posting more I think you both need to also!!!! :o)

October 28, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home